On the road to Key West:
- Sun 10/30, 3-9 PM: Freaky Tiki Party, Ft. Myers – with Jimi Pappas, John Friday, Tiki Thom, others
- Mon 10/31 – Tues 11/1 (all day): Pit Stop Party, MM101, Key Largo – with Captain Josh and a cast of many as they pass through
In Key West:
- Wed 11/2, 4 PM: BeachFront Radio “Welcome to Key West” Party – Southernmost at the Beach. Part of a full lineup of Trop Rockers.
- Friday between 11 AM-2 PM: Jimi Pappas & Friends, Green World Gallery
- Sat 11/5, 1-2 PM: Green World Gallery, 712B Duval St. – Solo show
Other possible appearances:
- Thursday between 2-5: Kelly McGuire’s songwriter showcase, Lighthouse Ct.
- Thursday between 12-4: Chris Sachs & Friends, Captain Tony’s
Are you having a party in Key West during MOTM? Want some music? Call me – 510-821-1812. Have guitar, will bring fun.
I’ll be appearing in other places, both with and without my guitar. To find out where I am in realtime & hear about some of the cool stuff happening during MOTM: Follow @lorendavidson on Twitter.
One of my Key West friends just got a cool new gig.
His name is Jack Terry, and for the past few months he’s been in competition to become Tommy Bahama‘s new rumologist. You can read the announcement here.
Jack is very nice people. He’s a bartender, of course, and an author in his Copious Free Time. I’d known him online for a while, and got to meet him back in June when I was in Key West. If anyone deserves something like this…it’s him.
I look forward to hearing the stories he’ll be able to tell by this time next year. I hope it’s a fun and worthwhile ride.
I love getting phone calls like this.
I got a call an hour or so ago from Artist Koz, the owner of Green World Gallery in Key West. I did a solo show down there back in June, it went well, and I’m playing there again during Meeting of the Minds (MOTM) next month.
He was excited because he’d recently filmed a video with Howard Livingston about the music series he’s hosting during MOTM and he’d just seen the results. He pointed me to ConchTV’s Website, and there they were in full, glorious Key West color! And I was one of the artists discussed who is coming down to play there.
So the schedule is also posted on ConchTV’s home page right now, including my performance on Saturday, 11/5 from 1-2. If you’re going to be in Key West during MOTM, I hope you’ll stop by for my show, and wander through the gallery and see if there’s some piece of art and a few CDs that just want to follow you home.
Follow my progress from Ft. Myers to Key West and back home on my Twitter feed, @lorendavidson, or on Facebook if you’re my friend there.